Monday, October 4, 2010

Week 10!

• What advice would you now give to someone writing his/her first scientific paper?

Research. Do a lot of it. Work on your thesis and make sure that you follow the correct APA format. I went throught quite a few classes beore a teacher thaught me what the correct format was. Of course it was my job to find out for myself too, but no one told me I was wrong.
• What areas do you feel you strengthened in the past 10 weeks?
I feel I am doing better with the APA format. Definitely learn the paramedic method of editing. It doesn't always fit, but is always useful to try.
• What areas do you feel still need improvement in regards to writing?
I always feel there is room for improvement in my writing, no matter how good it may seem. I am always open for advice on improvement.
• Any final thoughts or statements to make before we wrap up?
I tried many new things, such as using the KU library and and paramedic method of editing. I felt a little pushed to try new thing in which I usually don't agree with at all, but it all turned out to be helpful and non-regretful.

• Last, this was fun – bet you did not think it would be! Thanks for all of your hard work!
Yes it was. This class was surprisingly enojoyable. The class and teacher were both great and for once, I felt really relax and not overwhelmed with too much homework and not enough time for my family. I was really starting to miss them while in my past few classes. It was very reasonable.

1 comment:

  1. Jamie - thanks for the input! It's really helpful to me as the next CM229 rolls in.

    ReplyDelete